As 2017 comes to a close, I am taking time to reflect on goals I established in January as well as things I hope to accomplish in 2018.
- Practice Iva May’s Chronological Bible Study
- Explore 3 theologian’s practice of the discipline of listing to God
- Read 20 books
- Complete one Beth Moore Workbook Bible Study
- Explore and practice being still in the midst of chaos
Practice Iva May’s Chronological Bible Study
When I set this goal, we were living in Virginia, and I wasn’t sure what would be available to me wherever we landed. When we moved to Illinois the opportunity to participate in Bible Study Fellowship opened up.
Although I’m still practicing Iva May’s principles, I’m doing so focusing on the book of Romans, not the whole Bible.
Explore 3 theologian’s practice of the discipline of listing to God
I’ve expanded my Podcast’s significantly.
Three specifically on listening to God are:
- That Sounds Fun Podcast Episode 55: Carlos Whittaker
- Whisper – A Pierced Ear by Mark Batterson
- Lead Stories – Lead Voices Jo Saxton and Pastor Steph speak with Christine Caine
I read Whisper by Mark Batterson too. Although I did explore this subject, I also know I could have done a better job. Still, there was a theme that emerged. Annie Downs says it best. When we don’t know what to do, and we are waiting for God to guide us we just keep doing the last thing we know he told us to do.
God knows our hearts, and he delights in our desire to obey.
Read 20 books
Finished! I’ve compiled a post with all of my book reviews which you can see later this month on the 28th.
Complete one Beth Moore Workbook Bible Study
Nope. This one was not completed. I did participate in an online workbook study where we completed Hayley DiMarco‘s Overwhelmed. It was an excellent study.
Explore and practice being still in the midst of chaos
- I’ve spent a lot of time this year learning to slow down. I’ve worked on sitting back and observing the whole story instead of jumping in to help where I can.
- I’ve worked on saying no and delegating.
- I’ve said yes to new experiences and relished in being lead vs. having to lead.
- We downsized our home with our move and delegated chores to our boys, less time cleaning up after others has created space for creativity.
Overall, my goals were established when life looked very different and even with a move 14 hours away and the chaos and stress that comes with a life transition with that type of experience I feel like 2017 was a success!
I’m focusing on 2018 goals Thursday and letting you in on my PowerSheets strategy.