It’s the most wonderful and stressful time of the year for coaching families! We’re in the middle of playoffs, or starting a season, or moving, or interviewing or maybe some combination of what’s listed. We may be saying goodbye to seniors and preparing to say hello to new students. Perhaps we’re wrapping up the semester of classes and coaching in the state championships. It’s crazy.
So when family calls and asks what the kids want for Christmas it’s understandable that we don’t always remember the full list. We solved some of the challenge awhile ago by creating Amazon Wishlists and Wishlistr.com lists. Still, there are so many possibilities it’s nice to get some new ideas to add to your lists!
Here are my top suggestions for Christmas gifts in 2019 for every member of your coaching family.
Great Gifts for Coaches’ Kids
I’ll start by saying that experiences are always a great gift. Go explore the area where you grew up, take the family to a waterpark overnight, or go see a musical. Doing something special together creates memories and exposes your kids to new opportunities they may want to explore in the future.
We’ve always appreciated family who gives gift cards to fast food restaurants or movie gift cards as well. Allowing our kids to buy themselves popcorn and an icee at the movies without taking out a small loan is a wonderful holiday treat experience!
For the Active Family:
- Does your coaching family participate in a lot of park district activities? Those fees can add up.
- What about a membership to the local YMCA?
- Has your child or grandchild expressed interest in sharpening their athletic skills? What about getting them a few sessions with a personal trainer?
- Passes to the local pool for the summer are always a great gift as well, although this would require delayed gratification! 😉
For the Family that Travels:
- Kindle Fires have dropped drastically in price and have great parental controls and expandable storage.
- Over the ear headphones are great for allowing everyone to watching their own videos or listen to audiobooks in peace.
- Do you have kids who are starting to drive? The Tile is a must-have for keeping track of keys, wallets, and phones.
- DrinkintheBox and SnackintheBox have adorable and functional travel boxes for multiple snacks.
Coaches’ Kids Clothing:
It may seem easy to find a shirt on Pinterest and go have it made, but many of these adorable designs are copyrighted. Support your fellow coaches’ wives and order coaches’ kids’ apparel from one of these two great suppliers. I can personally vouch for the high-quality products.
Speaking of supporting coaches’ wives…if you’ve got a book lover or you need an extra stocking stuffer grab a copy of I am Strong like MOM
Subscription Boxes and Services:
- Our kids love getting their yearly Xbox Live Subscription renewed
- Kiwi Co is awesome for the budding STEM or STEAM explorer, Engineer or Crafter
- We Craft Box is another fun option for your crafty kids
- Audible is great for the audiobook lover
- Netflix, Hulu, AppleTV, AmazonPrime, Sling, and Disney Plus are all streaming services that will be the gift that keeps giving all year long.
Great Gifts for Coaches’ Wives
As long as you are ordering a t-shirt for the coach’s kid in your life you should check out the adorable items for wives as well!
My personal favorites from Friday Night Wives include Dibs on the Coach and May Your Coffee Be Strong and Your Season Be Long
If you Live in Cold Weather States
- Ice Breaker Socks work will in boots
- Glider Gloves have copper in them so you can use the whole glove on your smartphone
- The ORORO Women’s Slim Fit Heated Jacket with Battery Pack and Detachable Hood isn’t that much more expensive than coats without batteries.
Does your coach’s wife love coffee from a french press? This $8 stocking stuffer will make you the hero in her life. I don’t know why it works so perfectly, but what I can tell you is that I no longer avoid cleaning my french press!
What to add a french press to the mix? I love my stainless steel one!
Our boys love popcorn. With two teenage boys in the house, I’ve found that popcorn is a fast, cheap and semi-healthy snack to have available for days when they come home ready to raid the fridge. Microwave popcorn bags are a compromise for me. I’d much prefer they use the air popper.
The chemicals in the microwave bags plus the extra calories are negatives, coupled with the higher expense, you can imagine how intrigued I was to discover this silicone Microwave Popcorn Maker by Pampered Chef.
There is an individual size and a family size available and it works with oil, butter, or without either. This tool has been a game-changer for our family and it collapses down to store flat making it an amazing tool when it’s time to move too!
Noonday – The Rustic Leather Tote is the only purse I’ve been using for about 2 years now and I love it! It’s lined on the inside with 2 zipper pockets. It’s also deep enough to carry everything I need and plenty of extra.
Every great purse deserves to have an awesome wallet! The Debre Wallet from livefashonable is also a fair trade item. It comes in multiple colors and is the perfect size.
Sseko Designs Ribbon Sandals allows the coach’s wife in your life to design fair trade sandals to match your team colors wherever you move!
While you’re on these sites check out the adorable necklaces, earrings, bracelets, bags, and clothing too!
Personalized Home Decor
When my friend Kayla posted this quote from her pastor’s wife on her Instagram page months ago I knew it was something I needed hanging in my office. I wasn’t the only coach’s wife who thought so, it inspired this printable! Kayla has several other adorable wall hangings in her store over at The Fly Fox.
Coaches Wives Ministry is an excellent online support opportunity for wives at all levels. The yearly membership fee increases in January so this is the time to give a membership! From the website:
COACHES’ WIVES MINISTRY IS A GLOBAL OUTREACH DESIGNED TO STRENGTHEN AND EQUIP COACHES’ WIVES THROUGH DISCIPLESHIP ON THE MISSION FIELD OF SPORTS.
Fab Fit Fun This box is a fun surprise 4 times a year with seasonal gifts on-trend. From the website:
As a FabFitFun Member, you’ll get a box of fabulous finds in beauty, wellness, fashion, and fitness? hand-picked by the FabFitFun team! Each box will contain $200+ in retail value. You will receive a Seasonal Box (4) four times per year.
Great Gifts for Your Coach this Christmas
Qalo Silicone Ring
Ordell switched to a Qalo ring awhile ago and it’s held up really well. His gold band become pretty misshapen from strength training. Qalo has a great message, tons of variety and a discount for sis.life members!
No more doodles all over the house! The Rocketbook system connects traditional handwriting surfaces with the power of the cloud and seamlessly transfers doodles to the computer. This book is also erasable and reusable up for a certain amount of times meaning that your investment will also reduce waste.
North Face has a top-rated combination backpack and laptop bag. Not only will this allow Coach to carry all his gear and clothing for game day travel in one bag, but it will hold up for a long time.
Tickets to a Game
Send him and a buddy for a gameday experience. Coaches rarely get to be fans.
- Audible is great for coaches who are hitting the road recruiting or don’t have time to actually sit and read.
- KlutchClub gives the gift of healthy snacks
So there you go! A few items to add to your Christmas wish lists this year. Hope you found a few new ideas.
Please note: Occasionally a link will redirect you to a website that is a business run by another coach’s wife! I’m not receiving any money for promoting their businesses. Please support them if you choose to order products from the companies I’ve highlighted.