A little over a year ago I wrote a post highlighting all the doTerra essential oils our family was loving. I thought it might be interesting to see how our oil uses have evolved over the last year. In addition to the oils, I’ve incorporated several vitamins and supplements from doTerra I’ll highlight as well.
Here are our favorite essential oils:
- On Guard: immunity support, taken internally with droplets, diffused at night, applied topically
- Cinnamon: blood sugar regulation, add a drop to water or protein shake
- Peppermint: energy increase, add a drop to water, taken internally with droplets
- Purify: diffused in main living area (kitchen/living room open floor) to eliminate odors and promote fresh smell, a drop in the wash or on wool dryer balls is nice too
- Serenity: diffused at night to help Ordell and I sleep, in a roller to apply at night when traveling
- Lavender: help the boys sleep diffused at night, eczema reducer, also great on wool dryer balls
- Lemon or Lime: drop in drinking water, helps with digestion, liver support
- Breathe: doTERRA Breathe is a remarkable blend of essential oils including Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Cardamom, Ravintsara, and Ravensara.
- Vegan Lifelong Vitality Pack: this is our multivitamin choice. While I use the flaxseed, Ordell uses IQ Mega fish oil. No more fishy burps!
- Shampoo: I LOVE the doTerra shampoo!
Weekly or More
- Eucalyptus: a drop in the shower helps clear the allergy stuffiness away.
- Citrus Bliss: this vanilla and citrus combination has been perfect to get the grumpies out in the car before heading to school
- Wild Orange: emotional support, promotes cheerfulness
- Deep Blue: most used in our house, muscle soreness support.
- Aroma Touch: droplets into bath helps reduce muscle soreness
- Clary Sage: cramps and emotional imbalances from monthly cycle removed
- Terra Shield: 20 drops of oil to 4 oz of water makes an amazing bug spray! This can also be diffused for the protection of a larger area.
- Douglas Fir: Ordell has found this is a perfect layering oil for him with Deep Blue on days he’s sore from lifting.
- DigestZen: aids in the digestion of food, soothe occasional upset stomachs, and reduce uncomfortable gas and bloating.*
- Balance and Serenity together are called the grouchy blend. I’ve found the blend perfect for our boys in the pre-teen and teen years.
My thyroid support combination is the one that has changed the most. I finally have a balanced thyroid again after 13 months. When nothing else worked DDR Prime kept me functional. The other two are great support for digestion and hunger cravings. Even though I’m still on thyroid meds without a veggie cap of these oils I’m pretty wiped out by the end of the day.
- Slim and Sassy: helps boost your metabolism and manage hunger cravings, this comes in oil and soft gel form.
- Zendocrine: comes in oil and soft gel form
- Supports the body’s natural ability to rid itself of unwanted substances*
- Supports healthy liver function*
- Purifying and detoxifying to the body’s systems*
- DDR Prime: DDR Prime is a proprietary blend of CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils that help protect the body against oxidative stress to cellular DNA.* The essential oils in DDR Prime provide antioxidant protection and support a healthy response to cellular stressors.
- Ginger in salad dressings
- Peppermint in brownies
- Lemon in lemon bars
For cleaning, I’ve started using the on guard cleaning concentrate in a glass spray bottle. It’s the perfect multipurpose cleaner and the only thing that gets the grime off our tubs!
I can’t believe how long it lasts. We’ve only had one bottle and we use the spray several times a week on counters, the microwave and bathrooms. I’m not even halfway through the bottle.
We’ve also swapped out for the on guard foaming soap. No more Bath and Body Works in our house!
On Guard beadlets kept us healthy this winter even with 3 guys in 3 different schools and a severe flu strain.
On Guard cough drops were a great booster when we did have short-lived colds.
Ordell and I also use the on guard toothpaste. It’s replaced Sensodyne and our dentist is pleased to report zero cavities and whiter teeth.
So there you have it! We now use more doTerra daily in various ways than a year ago.
Here’s What We’ve Eliminated:
- clorox spray
- cough drops
- dayquil and nyquil
Here’s What We’ve Swapped in:
- dish soap – That’s Right! check out the recipe here
***I don’t sell doTerra, but I know some awesome ladies who do! I’m happy to refer you to my favorite doTerra reps.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.