“The Lord takes delight in his people. He awards with victory those who are humble.” Psalm 149:4
1. not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.
2. having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.:
In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.
3. low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly: of humble origin; a humble home.
4. courteously respectful: In my humble opinion you are wrong.
5. low in height, level, etc.; small in size: a humble member of the galaxy.
God delights in the humble. This shouldn’t surprise us. Humility in God’s presence is the acknowledgment that he is our creator. The humble elevate God to his rightful place and respond respectfully to him.
Humility lacks pride and arrogance. God awards that with a victory.
I’m participating in Write 31 Days
this month. I’ll be writing on Delight. Join me here each day in the month of October for a short reflection on something I’m learning about what God is delighted by, and how delight connects us to him.