“Lord, who is a God like you? You forgive sin. You forgive your people when they do what is wrong. You don’t stay angry forever. Instead, you take delight in showing your faithful love to them.” Micah 7:18
In the wilderness seasons, it can be easy to forget that God is present with us. It can also be hard to remember that God’s forgiveness is final. He does not drag up our history or hold a grudge. It does not bring God joy when distance exists in our relationship with him.
God delights in showing faithful love. What might this look like? Faithful love exists even in the seasons when we don’t feel worthy of receiving it.
Faithful Love Is Seen When:
- When flowers bloom despite the weeds
- When God’s presence remains consistent even while we lament
- In the surprises of a beautiful sunset after a rainy afternoon
- In a rainbow
- When our child’s smiles greeted us after a nap when the morning had felt like a string of failures
- When our prayers are heard equally regardless if they are offered once an hour, once a day, or once a year.
Faithful love is something that we do not deserve, but God delights in loving us faithfully even still.