Lessons from the Sidelines available now from Cross Training Publishing
Public life can be lonely, even when you’re living on mission. We all need a cheerleader from time to time, and Lessons from the Sidelines aims to be just that. Football coach’s wife Beth Walker encourages women whose families are in the public eye to pursue their own callings even as they support their husbands’ careers and ministries. Through her own personal stories as well as interviews with other women who are also living just outside their husbands’ limelight, Beth shows it’s possible to do both.
Whether you’re a coach’s wife, the wife of a professional athlete, a pastor’s wife, the wife of a CEO, a military wife, or a college administrator’s wife, you have unique challenges to navigate that differ from the struggles of other women.
Lessons from the Sidelines will help you:
- Engage 7 steps to clarify your calling, identify your sweet spot, and implement strategies that will enable you to live on mission.
- Identify how the 5 Stages of Burnout can impact your marriage and your ability to fully embrace your calling.
- Tackle the unique hurdles of parenting in the public eye.
- Learn practical tips for getting through the harder parts of the calendar year.
As Christ’s ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:20), we’re all called to “make disciples of all nations” wherever we live. God invites us to partner with him and live on mission every day, even in the mundane moments of life. We do this when we love people as Jesus taught the disciples to do, without stipulations.
Embracing Holy Interruptions: How Jesus Used Mundane Moments to Love People Deeply is a six-week Bible study that teaches people how to develop a disciple-making movement.
This is not a step-by-step instruction manual.
Jesus modeled using mundane moments to love people, build tension, and point them to God in a way that caused many of them to step from a curiosity about God to a fully surrendered faith. We can adapt his methods and learn from the examples in the Gospels today. This study aims to help people keep their eyes on Jesus and improve their inductive Bible reading skills while also learning to love their neighbors to the best of their ability.
This 6-week study is available in both print and Kindle formats.
Now Booking Promotional Interviews
Beth Walker has partnered with her husband for more than twenty years, in leadership and ministry both on and off the football field. Beth is passionate about encouraging women to pursue their individual callings from God. She is a contributor to Friday Night Wives and The Glorious Table. On her own blog, Lessons from the Sidelines, Beth offers practical advice for other coaches’ wives as well as a behind-the-scenes look at her family’s life as they serve their football players and their community. Embracing Holy Interruptions is Beth’s first full-length bible study. Her first book, Lessons from the Sidelines released with Cross Training Publishing in August of 2020.
All Beth’s published work is available for purchase in her shop.
Learn More Here:
- Podcast Interview with AthleticSpouses.org
- Podcast Interview with The Coach’s Wife Podcast
- Podcast Interview with Dauntless Grace
- Conversation with the Blue Haired Preacher Lady
- Podcast Interview with The Christian Coach
- Podcast Interview: Millennial Wisdom
- Friday Night Life Podcast Interview with Beth and Ordell Walker
- More than a Title Conversations Here
- Friday Night Wives – Two Minute Drill with Jordan Harrell
- Podcast Interview with Publishing Secrets with Coach Tam