I’m linking up with Heather Gerwing for another month of Share Four Somethings. It’s been quite a start to 2020, hasn’t it?
Getting creative in the kitchen. I took advantage of our “bonus” week of spring break as an opportunity to clean out the freezers and pantry. We baked extra treats with random boxed goods I’d collected and made the extra effort to hunt on Pinterest for ways to use those random items at the bottom of the freezer. We loved these oatmeal cookies!
I chose to re-read 40 Days of Decrease for Lent this year and I have found each day has had at least one sentence that has hung with me for at least the day. I think this book is one I’ll continue to reflect on for months to come. Here are a few quotes from recent days that stand out:
- Day 22: “It is useless to fast from food, protests St. Basil, and yet to indulge in cruel criticism and slander: ” You do not eat meat, but you devour your brother.”
- Day 23: “Jesus washed the feet of a betrayer, a denier, and ten deserters.”
- “Jesus was saying, ‘I forgive you in advance for your up-coming epic fail. Though it will surprise you, remember that it does not surprise Me, My love will still be here when you return.”
- Day 24: “Jesus said, ‘Follow Me’, not ‘Follow Me to the cross.”
- “Deny self or deny Jesus: this is the crux: Remaining neutral is not an option. We have to choose a side.”
Months ago some friends living overseas sent me a blanket and dishtowels from where they are living in the Middle East along with some soap that smells amazing. The blanket and towels were wrapped with these handmade beads that I just couldn’t get rid of, but I didn’t know how to use them. Finally, with a little time to slow down, I’ve figured it out! I’m loving my new bookmark.
I’m looking forward to spring and sunshine and warmer weather and getting more time outside. Even if that’s only in our backyard I’m ready to feel the sun on my skin. One of the best parts of working from home is that I can set up my “office” wherever I have internet. I’m looking forward to taking advantage of my backyard table after a very, very long winter.
Head over Heather’s blog to see what other people are sharing this month!