Each year around this time I cash in points for Amazon Gift Cards. It still surprises me each year how easily I built up a supply Amazon credit without thinking about it. Here’s a list of all the ways I earn Amazon Gift Cards as well as how much time I spend each day focusing on earning points.
My Points sends daily emails that give you points for opening the email, making a specific purchase, or using a coupon. Additionally, extra points are earned for watching videos.
- Time spent each day: 2 minutes
- Amount earned each year: $15-20 without watching videos
Swagbucks is a search engine just like Google, but you are randomly awarded points for searching. Additional points are earned when a Swagbucks deal is activated on an online purchase. You earn a percentage of purchases made back in points. For example, purchasing clothes on Old Navy.com can earn you back 3% of the dollar amount back in equivalent points. Swagbucks also offers the opportunity to watch videos for additional points.
- Time spent each day: 2 hours doing work and blog research (bonus for getting to do this while I work!)
- Amount earned each year: $50-75 without watching videos
S’more is an app that allows you to earn points in exchange for allowing us to place ads & content on your lock screen. Every day we’ll give you points in exchange for having the S’more lock screen installed. (use code YLRBLF to earn a bonus for you and me!) Additional points can be earned by filling out qualifying surveys or filling out special offers.
- Time spent each day: Zero seconds unless I choose to attempt a survey
- Amount earned each year: $30 minimum
I’ve been using Ibotta for 14 months, and as I type this post, I have earned $305.29. Ibotta is an app that links to your shopping card at most grocery stores. It also provides offers for items at many restaurants and online companies. Money is earned back for purchasing products. Although I prefer to cash my money in for Amazon gift cards, Ibotta offers multiple options including Paypal!
Read more about how it works here, but don’t forget to use my referral code for a bonus when you sign up!
- Time spent each day: 5 minutes or less, 15 minutes after a shopping trip if not linked to my shopping card.
- Amount earned per year: $300 in 14 months
Sweatcoin explains “We track & verify your outdoor steps using your phone’s accelerometers and GPS location. Those steps get converted into our currency — Sweatcoins” just like Ibotta sweatcoins are exchanged for several things including Amazon gift cards or PayPal.
- Time spent each day: Zero seconds
- Amount earned per day: varies up to $2 depending on if I remember to bring my phone with me everywhere I walk.
I just started using this app a month ago, and I’ve earned $35 Sweatcoins.
HOW IT WORKS:
Connect the apps/devices you already use with Achievement to track healthy activities like walking, meditating, logging food. We support 30+ health, fitness, and lifestyle apps and are always adding new ones.
Take Achievement’s Health Survey to share more about your background. To start earning points, we’ll share tailored surveys, health programs, and online research studies which you can contribute to from wherever you are
Get cash rewards.
- Time spent on app: Zero seconds (I have it linked to my Garmin)
- Amount earned per year: $10-20 depending on qualifying surveys. I’ll hit $20 this month.
A report on Amazon purchases is run each month. $3.00 in an Amazon gift card is earned each month.
- Time spent on app: 2 minutes a month
- Amount earned per year: $36/year
There are many additional options for ways to earn cash simply by checking in to a location or filling out a survey. For me, the combination of this list is perfect. Without adjusting my daily routine at all 4 of these programs earn me daily credit towards Christmas money!
I’ve included my referral code on each of the company links I featured. We will both earn bonuses when you sign up through me.