There are so many things to be thankful for in 2019:
- Our health
- A new space to live in that we love
- Great jobs we both enjoy (and new clients for Beth this year with smooth transitions yay!)
- Our boys are doing well in school
- Upcoming opportunities in 2020
- A fun trip to see family in Colorado this past summer
- A church we love where are all being challenged to seek the Lord
Mostly, this year when I reflect on 2019 as much as remember the bumps and frustrations when pressed to do so, what highlights this year is a calmness we haven’t experienced before.
A steadiness in our calendars allows for spontaneity, flexibility, and weekends that include rest almost every weekend. We’ve figured out a rhythm that includes caring for our physical, spiritual, emotional and mental health in a way that I never expected we would find.
The coaching life is a hustle and you learn to operate and function within that space, however that doesn’t mean it is best. Leaping off the hamster wheel of college football was a shock to the system and it took a little bit to find a new normal.
Throw in an unexpected move, transitioning a kid to high school, and I’m thankful to say that for now, we’re moving a pace that gives everyone breathing room, and I’m grateful.
What are you grateful for in 2019?